Below is a list of articles that I have read recently that were very interesting. You will probably noticed that this reading list is dominated by Foreign Policy and NYTimes articles, I blame my liberal New England education.
India’s Eternal Crisis , NYTimes, November 28, 2009
Dangers of an Overheated China, NYTimes, November 28, 2009
- The Top 10 Stories You Missed in 2009, Foreign Policy
I love articles like this one. I wish the media would cover these issues, but I guess global warming, dead people getting passports, naval axis, and etc.. is not sexy.
- Bill Clinton's World, Foreign Policy
I liked the last part of this article. Granted the picture on the second page cracked me up. I imagine that he is saying something like "I'm gonna choke you!"
- A Tradition That Cherishes Poker, Not Pumpkin Pie, NYTimes,
November 26, 2009
When I saw this article, I remembered this picture that I took at Mohegan Sun during senior year of college. It is/was a truly bizarre phenomenon, but whatever floats your boat.
- This one from Mari: CNN: The D.C. power lunch: Where Washington's elite go to eat
Sadly, I have only been to five of the restaurants listed in this article, but then again I am not a power player. I would like to eat like one! Mmm!
- The New Republic: Kick Start, December 4, 2009
"Hailing the right minibus taxi in Johannesburg demands fluency in a cryptic local sign language..."
This is an Aaron article, which means it is about soccer and the upcoming World Cup. I fear for my Asian tourist and their fanny-packs...
No comments:
Post a Comment