My constant fear is that I will eat expired food and therefore suffer from food poisoning. I know that this is irrational, but it is one of my greatest worries. I hate vomiting, who doesn't? Therefore, I think that there should be a website that tells people when groceries items go bad. Does such a thing exist? There should be pictures showing what an expired and non-expired item looks like for comparison reasoning. Also, it would be amazing for it to have a food calculator machine where you could input the date of purchase and it would say: "good" or "throw-it away." This sounds absolutely crazy, but I often question- how long can I freeze this or this item doesn't smell funny, but boy has it been in the refrigerator for a long time. Also, this website/blog should explain the difference between "use by" or "purchase by" - what does that really mean? I bet this website exists as a iphone application. There is always an App for that.
I could create that website or application if I: 1. knew how to make a website/application and 2. If I knew the answers! For now, I will continue to live in fear of expired food, constantly sniff food in front of guests, and quickly consume all of my food in the refrigerator until it is empty. Also, I will try to never go out for dinner, unless I am going out-of-town during the weekend and therefore have no food in my refrigerator, besides condiments.
Wow, I am strange.
No comments:
Post a Comment