Monday, November 22, 2010

Dynamic Busan


After roughly 4 weeks of planning and preparation, I went to Korea for work. The weeks preceding to my trip were extremely stressful. I don't think that I had enough time to get excited or even compute that I was going to be gone for six days. But, it was great to be in Asia again! I only had one full day off and as you can see I was only able to the APEC Nurimaru House while the sun was setting. I also tried to eat as much as my jetlagged stomach could contain. 

It was also really cool to see all of the economic development in Busan (Pusan). I never thought of Korea as a developing country, but it is emerging into a powerhouse. I imagine, how I feel about Korea now is the feeling others felt in the 80s with Japan. It is amazing to think that over 50 years ago, Busan was a destitute city full of refugees and now, it is a dynamic city of three million people and the fifth largest port int the world. I also got to ride the new KTX bullet train to Seoul, which was very cool, but not as cool as the shinkansen.
November 1st at the beach!
Being born in year of the boar, I was quite excited to see this little piggy planter



Inside the APEC Nurimaru House

No comments: