Yesterday, I spent a little time outside on campus and found a nice little Japanese maple to stare at under a nice oak tree. There was even a babbling water fountain, so it felt very tragic to leave this peaceful setting for a unproductive meeting and 6 hours of class. By the time I got out of class it was dark (felt like midnight, but it was 8 p.m.) and cold. I must spend more time outside before it gets too cold and ugly... Living downtown has it perks, but not fall foliage. Something about it makes me feel restorative & regenerative, which is odd b/c the leaves are dying. It must be something about being surrounded by beauty... or I am a freak (very likely).
It is funny to think that on Halloween, it began to snow! The weather since that day has been really nice, which is a little crazy because I associate that spooky day with the end of nice "fall-like" weather. Glad to be getting out of town this weekend and for the weather to be nicer than today! Isn't 67 degrees warm? I can't remember anymore what that feels like, but it looks like nice weather ahead. Ahoy! 
No comments:
Post a Comment