Since January, I have felt like my gender and reproductive organs have been under attack and questioned by political candidates and government. From the attacks on planned parenthood to the backward statements from Santorum & Romney (case in point) no one should dictate what I should do with my body. It is really scary that these people are trying to regain power. Lately though, things have been feeling a little better. Obama made a remark last week, something that Hilary has been saying since taking office as secretary of state, that "Women are not an interest group." This gives me hope. I think it is important to hear these statements and to see strong images of women in power.
Maureen Dowd's State of Cool says it best:
“It truly sent chills down my spine,” the woman wrote, “and I immediately shared it with my daughter because of the power it portrayed.”With women under attack, that sense of serene toughness has strong appeal.Who run the world? Hilary.
No comments:
Post a Comment