Monday, April 8, 2013

Table w/ Friends

I recently visited Table (http://tabledc.com/) around the convention center. One of my dear friends is moving back to the West Coast (some say the "best" coast), so we had a nice little family good bye dinner. It is a sad occasion, but always fun to eat with other foodies, esp. at Table. Everything was DELICIOUS. 

To start, we had cheese and charcuterie, which was amazing. Followed by tuna tartare and the mushroom with sautéed poached egg toast. It was all so delicious. The entrees: black bass (Mine), lamb loin, artic char, and dorade. I didn't think I could do dessert, but my dinner-mates had to twist my arm to eat the ricotta fritters (that looked like donuts), a coffee mousse (my fav), and the apple blueberry crumble. Amazing meal! I can't remember the last time I ate so well.

I think the boyfriend would have loved the minimalist decor. I personally loved the garden boxes and handwritten menu that looked like composition books, like we had in grade school. The restaurant was simple, the staff was so passionate, and the food was simple and perfect. Our waiter, Morgan, even took off the bones and head of the 
dorade for us. So nice and perfectly done (as you can see :) ). I will definitely be back!

No comments: