Last nights speech at the DNC was absolutely amazing. I am speechless! I am so glad that Obama is the nominee. No offense to Hillary (she gave a great speech on Tuesday), but I am glad that we will no longer have a Bush-Clinton Duopoly. Finally, new blood!
One of my favorite parts of last nights speech was Obama's offensive on John McCain. "I don't believe that Senator McCain doesn't care what's going on in the lives of Americans -- I just think he doesn't know...John McCain doesn't get it." I would have switched "doesn't get it" to "is senile." I also loved the part of his speech where he spoke of personal responsibility and common purpose, which was toward the end.
All in all - A+ on this report card. I don't know what Leslie Sanchez is thinking when she gave the speech a C. She obviously wasn't listen to speech, esp. the part when Obama said:
"I know there are those who dismiss such beliefs as happy talk. They claim that our insistence on something larger, something firmer and more honest in our public life is just a Trojan Horse for higher taxes and the abandonment of traditional values. And that's to be expected. Because if you don't have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare voters. If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from.Next week's convention in St. Paul is going to be a snooze-fest compared to last night. I imagine there will be no substance and only attacks on Obama's patriotism and experience. The same old rhetoric...
You make a big election about small things."
I can't wait for the debates and November. I am excited and "hungry for new politics."
No comments:
Post a Comment