Sunday, November 8, 2009

Food Glorious Food!


I love to eat, esp. overeating. I am even part of an over-eaters anonymous support group. With that said, I thought that I would share with you, dear reader, my latest hobby -- Reading cook books and cooking magazines. It all started when I had to buy magazines for my frequent flyer points. There were no magazines that I wanted to subscribe to like current event magazines (economist) or fashion magazines (Glamour, InStyle, Allure, etc..), instead were new genres that I had never done before. No offense to The Advocate and Cigar Enthusiast, but I have no interest. So, thinking with my stomach (like I usually do), I ordered Food Everyday and Gourmet Magazine.

Gourmet (RIP) was not attainable like Food Everyday, probably because of its title. Food Everyday is a magazine made by Martha Stewart (is there anything she can't do?) and it provides helpful hints and simple recipes for great food. I highly recommend it. I really love this magazine and it has made me enjoy cooking. The true testament is that I think that I will buy a subscription in the future, which means a LOT.

My fav thing to do now is to sit on the couch with post-it notes and pick out recipes that I would like to try and eat. If there is no copyright infringement, then I hope to share some of my fav recipes on this blog. But, don't worry I will still continue to have my random ramblings, but hopefully I will now begin to share my food porn addiction with you. Wohoo!

The attached photo is not from Food Everyday, but from a recipe I made from The Compleat I Hate to Cook Book.

No comments: