Friday, April 22, 2011

A few of my favorite things

To follow in the footsteps of my friend, Elise, I thought that I should share a few of my favorite things/products!  No need to cue the Sound of Music...but when I eat/drink all of these things, then I don't feel...so bad. :0)
  • Months ago, I was at the grocery store purchasing badly needed groceries and my wacky cashier asked, "so, what's your favorite thing that you are purchasing?" and I said "the cereal!" He then informed me that it was pretty lame, but at least, I didn't say "zucchinis or some vegetable" then I said him- "well buddy, you weren't me and haven't been able to eat your favorite cereal for a week." Yes, Brown Sugar Oatmeal Squares is my favorite part of my morning. I think I have three boxes in my cupboard, but sadly I ran out of milk today so no cereal tomorrow :( 
    • Alden's ice cream- it's organic and delicious! To be fair, I have had only one flavor, blackberry, which is pictured here ------->  It is really good and refreshing. For ice cream, it is pretty pricey, but compared to the ice creams offered at my local market for half the size, it was a good deal. That's what you get for living in area where the closest grocery is a mile away. Check it out (the ice cream, not the overpriced market)! 
    • Grilled Zucchinis- chopped up w/ olive oil, salt and pepper - yum! Simple and delicious- I have been adding it to pasta, salads, and eating them alone. I love summer veggies.
    •  Lastly, I am obsessed with carbonated water. Silly, I know. I used to hate the stuff. I remember my childhood friend, Ariel, used to drink it all the time. It had no flavor and I felt it had too many bubbles. But now, I love it.  It all started around the winter holiday when my mom started to put pomegranates in Perrier. Not only was it elegant looking, but delicious. My new dream is to have a carbonated water maker. Mmm carbonated water forever...

    No comments: