Saturday, December 10, 2011

Welcome back!

Sorry that I have been missing in action. I just finished my first semester of grad school! Wha what?! Can you believe it? Honestly, it feels a bit surreal because for the past month, I have been hustling. Every week, I had a big assignment due, which was super stressful.  I also haven't seen my friends in a month because I have been a hermit in my apartment. I haven't gone to the grocery store to restocked my refrigerator, cooked, and cleaned in a couple of weeks.  It actually looks like my apartment exploded paper and clothes everywhere. I've been living off of the Cosco purchases from Thanksgiving, of soup and nuts. On Wednesday, my classmate were discussing the importance of food security and it dawn on me that I had only eaten 2 packets of assorted nuts and a cup of soup. One could say that I was becoming "nutty." Ba dum chhh!! 


But seriously, I need to clean up my apartment, go to a yoga class, and buy some food, because 
my apartment and I look and feel a little desperate. 






Above, are a couple of photos of my last couple of weeks from my Thanksgiving to a trip to Bethesda to
to eat cupcakes w/ the boyfriend , where I tried to get into the holiday spirit by eating a the Rudolph red 
velvet cupcake. It was delicious, but I still can't believe it's already that time of year, but the Union Station wreath
is helping me get there. 


So, what's next? Well, I am looking forward to having some time off from school work and reconnect with friends! 
Yay for seeing other human beings! I will be doing some work for my old work (boo!) so that I can spend
it on presents and living. Sigh to my dwindling bank account.  Well, off to make some lists of things to buy for my 
refrigerator, which is everything, and veg out in front of my tv. Peace out. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nutty hahaha i love you

Anonymous said...

that was from me! (ALI)