Bill Cunningham looks like he would be a nice old man. Apparently, he gets paid by NYTimes to write about things he sees on the street and is a famous photographer. I wish I got paid to do that, b/c I would share much more interesting stuff from my walks to Dupont from U Street every Sunday morning, especially after a crazy drinking holiday like St. Patty's day.
Recently, Bill made an observation for the fashion side of the site about women's footwear. Apparently, women like to wear comfortable ballet flats and often they are black! Crazy! He also praised "American women" for choosing ballet flats as their fashion choice for shoes and that designers can't control our choices. Who are you Bill? Any rational woman would have told you this. Yes, we wear flats or sneakers and change into heel shoes when we go to work. We don't want blisters... Bill, do you choose to wear comfortable shoes when you go to work a.k.a walk around the streets of NYC taking pictures?
It appears the Bill has not been talking to any women nor looking at anyone's feet for the past two years. I watched this NYTimes report with much amusement because it was obvious that this person was not a woman. All women already know this. Sorry, Bill, you are two years late.
No comments:
Post a Comment