Happy Martin Luther King and Inauguration day! 4 years ago, I traveled out to the mall to watch the first black president get sworn in. It was such an amazing day. Today, I stayed home - far from the cold and crowds - and watch the scene from the vantage point of the press. Personally, I thought there was too much emphasis on Michelle's fashion on the tv talk shows, which was great, but the only topic discussed prior to the inauguration. No reflection on the past four years...which, I think these type of occasions are for.
With that said, one of the sweetest moments of today was Obama saying “I want to look out one more time because I'm not going to see this again.” It reminds us all that we should stop and look around because we might be missing out on an important moment. Ferris gives good advice life. Obama and I thank him
No comments:
Post a Comment