Friday, March 13, 2009
eh
It's Friday! I seriously have nothing to write about but, I thought I should post something. I hope that you watched this episode of the Daily Show between Jon Stewart and CNBC’s Jim Cramer. Jon Stewarts coverage of CNBC has been quite damning, especially in Jim Cramer's lack of warning of the financial crisis. This episode called the "Wall Street Brawl" does not even seem like a brawl, but a verbal beating of the usually loudmouthed Cramer, who just laid there while Stewart berated and tore him a new @sshole.
This kind of conversation really pulls into question the role of the media and whether people in the media are truly asking the right questions and "looking out" for the public. Where were the difficult questions prior to the war in Iraq? No one was asking them. What is the purpose of the media, if it is not acting like a watchdog and calling everything into question?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment