Tuesday, June 2, 2009

This is frightening!

No, not the video for Lady Gaga's Paparazzi (which, is scary and should be discussed.) music video.

But... someone my age has been leader of North Korea! I can't believe that Kim Jong-il has
named his youngest son, Kim Jong-un, to be his successor. This young kid will now be in control of a nuclear arsenal of missiles. That is just frightening. Can you imagine this kid getting drunk and shooting off a missile for fun? I can't even cook rice when I am drunk.

Little is known about Kim Jong-un, like his age. Supposedly, he was born in 1983 or 1984. I wonder if he is well educated? What are the requirements to become the next great leader of North Korea? Also, what will Kim Jong-un's older brothers think? This might not be a good transfer of powers, esp. when "a society that values seniority his youth could be a problem."

I pray that this young man is smart, rational, and has good judgement. Scary stuff.

Image from Korean times.

No comments: