Sunday, August 22, 2010

Helloooo Montana!


View Larger Map

So, how do you see the "Crown of the Continent Ecosystem" in one day? My United magazine suggested that I drive Going-to-the-Sun Road, which is the 53 miles (85 km) long road that drives through the heart of the park. Everywhere I read said that this road would cause me to have white knuckles, which I realized only once I was in the surrounding area of Logan Pass. It reminded me of driving in Japan for a moment because the roads got curvy and thin. It was freaky, but luckily there was a stoplight that allowed groups get up to Logan Pass.

After a ride up Going-to-the-Sun Road, I hiked up Hidden Lake trail on my injured ankle (graceful me fell on my ankle at the hotel, not on the trail). It was beautiful trail and I would definitely do it again (esp. if I were not injured) so that I could see if I could actually get to the Hidden Lake and dip my feet in. Oh well, the entire park was breathtakingly beautiful!

No comments: