Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th

L to R: Banana & Peanut Butter Milkshake, Cute hate displays on the wall, and the cute atmosphere of Royal Eatery.
Happy 4th of July! Today was a normal day here in Cape Town. I am still recovering from my flu/insane illness, so I was way slow on planning anything and still feeling yuck. Luckily, I have prescription from my doctor's appointment so hopefully I will be on the mend. But back to today - it was pretty quiet w/ a train ride to work (which is always bizarre, b/c trains never leave on time and the gates change all the time - even when you are sitting on a train), trip to Gugulethu to meet up with some of Network members to set up meetings for next week, then lunch w/ everyone, which was so nice to chat, and a quiet afternoon of emailing and reviewing documents. Originally, I thought about leaving early so that I could take a nap, but I pretty much left at my regular time. Then on my way home, I got a craving for a milkshake. I figured that it was kinda of American, so I went to Royal Eatery, which I visited a couple of weeks ago for a delicious burger and cocktails to celebrate the end of my 17 page paper. It was a fun little date w/ myself and nice do something that reminds me of the States. No fireworks, but it will do. Must do it again!  

No comments: