Sunday, July 22, 2012

Last weekend

This weekend is my last full weekend in Cape Town. There are a number of things that I still haven't done, mainly gone down the Eastern Cape and visited Port Elizabeth, Durban, and Jo-burg (besides the airport and having memories of the airlines losing my luggage). 


When I first arrived in Cape Town, I made a list of everything that I wanted to do and shared it as a google doc with my classmates. I'm a planner, because life requires it - not b/c I want to - so I made this list so I could keep track of everything and as you can see I successfully completed most of the things on my list. I am hoping that I can go for morning tea at Mount Nelson on Saturday before my flight at 6 p.m. Last weekend, I banged out three things on my list, which was amazing. I also did a lot of souvenir shopping too. This weekend, I took it easier - instead of going to work on Friday, I travelled to Hermanus, which was so beautiful despite the rain, and saw some whales breach out of the water from the shore. It was so exciting! Today, I slept in, visited Origins (Gosh, I wish I could have spent every weekend there) again for brunch and hung out outside with my coworker by the Waterfront. All in all a nice weekend.

As you can see from the list (below), I did fail at eating at all of the restaurants that I wanted to visit, but lacked dinning partners and can also chalk it up to my student budget. Hopefully, I can return one day to South Africa so that I can visit the Eastern Cape ; stuff my mouth with lots of food from fancy restaurants.


To do List:



July 3rd  - Full Moon - Go to Signal Hill or climb Lions head! Cancelled due to influenza
Hout Bay Market
Old Biscuit Mill 
Stellenbosh: Day visit Kirstenbosch Gardens: 25 RAND with student ID
Hermanus - Whale Watch!
Tea at Mount Nelson 
Hike Lion's Head
Hike 
Platteklip Gorge route up Table Mountain  Cancelled after doing Lion's Head and realizing I can't hike a 45 degree angle up a mountain.


Food:
The Test Kitchen, http://www.thetestkitchen.co.za/index.php (Woodstock)
Origin Roasting, http://www.originroasting.co.za/cafe/the-menu/
Bizerca, http://www.bizerca.com/#1 (close to waterfront area)
Lamouette, http://lamouette-restaurant.co.za/2012/05/may-autumn-special-starts-10-may/
City Grill, http://www.citygrill.co.za/menus.php (waterfront)
Moyo Africa

 _        -  Done last weekend
            - Done this weekend

No comments: