

i n d e b l e u


Last week was D.C. Restaurant Week (February 16-22, 2009), which I loved. Any week that is restaurant week is my favorite week. Expensive food for cheaper, what more can you ask for?!?! I was lucky enough to enjoy two restaurants during that week: indebleu and the Oval Room. But, below is my review of indebleu.
My work spouse, Mari, and I enjoyed a long lunch at indebleu on Feb. 17th. This was also a great way to start the week after a three day weekend (yay for President's day holiday!). Mari was nice enough to let me choose the place. I'm not sure if she wanted to go, but I have been wanting to go since I moved to D.C. (almost 3 years) because the cuisine was a fusion of Indian and French food.
The menu (below) sounded so exciting and it also tasted great! I ordered the Lump Crab Fritters as my small plate, Yellow Fin Tuna for the large plate, and the Banana 'Split for dessert. Mari ordered the Main Mussels for her small plate, Lamb Sliders as her large plate and Apple Beignets for dessert. The flavors mixed wonderfully on my tongue and it felt very unique. The Lamb Sliders were so good (my kind work spouse let me have one) that I wished that I could have eaten it forever. I devoured my fritters and tuna. I probably should have savoured the tastes more, but I loved every bite, esp. the little brussel's sprouts. My only regret of the meal is not ordering the Apple Beignets because it looked so good and my Banana 'split was only so-so. But, a so-so dessert would not cause me to give the restaurant a bad review (not like in top chef!). As I previously mentioned, I have transcribed the restaurant week menu with the details for Mari and my dishes.
Lunch Menu:
* Roasted Chestnut Soup
* Arugula Salad
* Tandoori Chicken Caesar
* Lump Crab Fritters (Flavored with cumin & pickled jalapeno, curried cognac remoulade)
* Main Mussels (Steamed with lime, tomato, garlic & ginger "red curry")
Large Plates
* Tofu Tindaloo
* Yellow Fin Tuna (Olive oil poached rare, warm saffron vinaigrette, Brussels’ sprouts,
pequillo pepper, potato crouton& blood orange salad)
* Tandoori Marinated Salmon
* Jerk Brined & Fried Chicken
* Lamb Sliders (Stuffed with Goat cheese& mint, cumin mayo, hand cut spiced fries)
Desserts
* L'Opera
* Apple Beignets (Cinnamon sugar, vanilla ice cream, candied pineapple)
* Mango A 'Trois
* Banana 'Split (Banana mousse, Chocolate ganache & cake, brandied cherry chocolate ice cream, cherry coulis)
My only complaint about the indebleu is a complaint that my boss told me before I went, which was that the music was strange. It was some sort of new-age Indian music, but the CD also kept skipping so it was additionally irritating. Otherwise, it was a very cool and modern restaurant. I would definitely plan to go again and next time, order a martini (I hear they are good!). So check it out!
indebleu
707 G. St., NW
Washington, DC 20001
No comments:
Post a Comment