Last night was the Academy Awards (no sh*t, right?!), but I truly had low expectations for it and boy was I surprised. Hugh Jackman was HILARIOUS! That was probably one of the best opening numbers. ever. The best part was "the reader, I have not seen the reader..." So funny! I now understand why he was selected as the sexist man alive! Haha!
But the greatest acceptance speech goes to Kunio Kato, who received the best animated short for “La Maison en Petits Cubes.” Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto.
My only other thoughts about the Oscars were: long, no need for that tribute to the musical with Beyoncé (why were those other "stars" singing up there? It was pretty much the Beyoncé tribute), too many commercials for Coke, glad that Sean Penn won for Best Actor in "Milk" because he was amazing, and finally, yay for Slumdog Millionaire!
I would have more thoughts for this review, but I passed out at 11:00 p.m. I am so old!
1 comment:
omg i LOVE that he quoted mr roboto! but no the best speech was the foreign language film winner who was from japan and i believe he kept saying "i love films" or something like that...do you remember him?
Post a Comment