Monday, February 2, 2009

Facinating

When I was in high school, I wanted to become a historian b/c I thought history was so cool and interesting. It's still cool and the majority of the books that I read are history books or biographies. Today's Washington Post article, "Fresh Look at Martha Washington: Less First Frump, More Foxy Lady" is fascinating. I love when 250 year old secrets become revealed. It makes me miss school and learning. Recently another friend revealed to me the theory that Lincoln might have been gay. I wonder what other 200 year old secrets will be revealed...

I still can't believe that I haven't visited Mount Vernon. I think this new article forces me to go and visit so that I can see those purple wedding shoes. Martha had good taste in shoes for the 18th century. I need to be venture out to VA to go on historic sightseeing trips. I miss learning.

No comments: