Thursday, July 29, 2010

1, 2, 3/ Peter, Paul and Mary /Gettin' down with 3P(opsicles)

I have been trying variations of fruit with vanilla low-fat yogurt for my popsicle factory. The first was a basic blueberry, which was yummy. The only tricky thing was getting blueberry out of your teeth. Not very attractive to have wads of blue/black berries in between your teeth, but I think it was worth it because there were entire blueberries inside the popsicle. Pretty delicious and it was in high demand from my friends.

Next, I added nectarines and strawberries with the blueberries. While I was at the grocery store, I picked up some nectarines pondering if it would be  good in a popsicle and IT WAS! (sorry to get all Kanye on you, but I have much enthusiasm for nectarine, blueberry, and strawberry popsicles) My muse was  this smoothie receipt that I found online. Really, I just threw the ingredients together with one chopped up nectarine and lots of berries.  Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of them, but it was more redish in tinge. I think they were the best, so far.

Lastly, I used the left over blueberries and strawberries together in the blender with the yogurt. Pretty yummy, especially for the hot DC days.
So good that my nails even match the popsicles! ------->
More of my first group of popsicles.  My boyfriend still contends that these were the best.

No comments: