Sunday, January 9, 2011

DIY XMAS

Last night, my parents took down their Christmas tree and I realized that I needed to post about my fun DIY present that I made for my mom, before it became not kosher to write about Christmas anymore.

This Christmas, I was struggling for a present ideas for my mom. Usually, I struggle with ideas for my dad, but this year he was easy- cheese knifes and headphones for the gym (counterproductive presents, i know!). So after much thinking, I remembered that my family joked that my mom needed a swear jar because she recently started to swear (I blame her church friends for teaching her these words) whenever something was not going her way. So in order to correct this problem, I purchased a mason jar and some paint to make this beautiful swear jar. The paint came from this kit on how to make beautiful chrysanthemums on glassware. The instructions stunk and after 5 tries, I decided to make flowers my own way b/c being the perfectionist that I am, my mother would have just received a jar w/ no paint. The only complaint came from my dad, who thought that I should have priced the swears at $1.00 each, instead of 50 cents.

I am not sure how the jar is progressing, but hopefully it will curb her swearing. If not, the jar will be full of money to take me to Hawaii... (at least that is what I think the money  should go towards).

No comments: