Wednesday, January 26, 2011

RR 2011

This time last week, I was in a food coma after an amazing dinner at Kinkead's, An American Brasserie. I had always heard about the amazing seafood and service at Kinkeads, but never indulged b/c it is $$$. Believe me, I have seen those bills. I understand b/c the cost of drinks exceeding the bill for food ($13 dollar glass of wine, heyyyy!). I missed my work spouse and friend, Ali, who was suppose to be my date, but boyfriend enjoyed being the sub.

For appetizer, I was quite tempted to order something that was not seafood related, but ordered the New England Clam Chowdah for my first meal. It was not very thick, but good. I especially liked the large oyster crackers (I love oyster crackers).



Next, I ordered the Salmon for my entree. Initially, I was intrigued by the Horseradish Walnut Crusted Rockfish, but after consultation with my waiter, ordered the Salmon dish that is no on the online menu. It was so delicious. I think the portion size was smaller than usual, but it had so much flavor. It was amazing!!  I just wish I had an endless stomach, so I could have kept eating.  For dessert, I ordered the molten chocolate cake that came with peppermint ice cream. I think I slightly preferred the ice cream because it felt like I was eating a candy cane. The molten chocolate cake was good, but excessively large and chocolately.

I will definitely go to Kinkeads again. Amazing service and food! Mmmm!!

The Menu: 
Restaurant Week Dinner Menu
Dinner January 17, 2011 - January 23, 2011


First Courses
Salad of Soft Lettuces, Gruyere, Radishes and Dijon Vinaigrette
******
New England Seafood Chowder 
******
Maryland Crab Cake with Mustard Crème Fraiche and Corn Relish
(*$7.50 Supplemental fee)
******
  Duck Confit with Goat Cheese, Macerated Dates, Arugula, Aged Balsamic
******
Mussels in Thai Curry, Coconut Milk Broth with Cilantro and Lime
******
Butternut Squash Ravioli with Fried Sage, Pancetta and Pecorino
******
Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup with Parmesan Crisps
******
Grilled Squid with Creamy Polenta and Tomato Fondue
******
  Tuna Tartare with Mango, Sushi Rice and Soy Dipping Sauce *($5.00 Supplemental fee)
******
Salad of Roasted Gorgonzola Stuffed Bosc Pear, Endive, Radicchio,
Arugula and Port Glaze
********
 Salad of Avocado, Chile Cabbage Slaw and Poblano Lime Buttermilk Dressing
******
Beer Battered Cod Fingers with Housemade Chips and Tartare Sauce

Main Courses
******
Horseradish Walnut Crusted Rockfish with Cauliflower Flan, Baby Carrots,
Creamed Horseradish Spinach and Sherry Beet Sauce
*******
Grilled Mahi Mahi on Chick Pea Cake with a Blood Orange, Black Currant and Pine Nut Relish
*******
Pepita Crusted Salmon with Cilantro, Chiles, Shrimp and Corn Ragout
******
Hake with Crab Imperial, Virginia Ham Spoon Bread,
Mashed Potatoes and Three Mustard Cream ($5.00 Supplemental Fee)
******
Roasted Caraway and Sea Salt Pork Loin, Grilled Bratwurst, Pork Belly Bacon, Sauerkraut Strudel, Roasted Apples an Apple Cider Sauce
******
Pepper Seared Rare Tuna with Flageolets with Portabella Mushrooms and Garlic Spinach
($7.50 supplemental charge)
*******
Maple and Black Pepper Barbecue Brisket with Mashed Potatoes,
Garlic Green Beans and Horseradish Crème Fraiche

Desserts
Pistachio Crème Bruleé  with Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti
******
Warm Molten Chocolate Cake with Caramel Ice Cream
******
Strawberry Almond Cake with Lemon Bavarian and Strawberry Sauce
 ******
 Tiramisu with Coffee Cream
******

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout out- but this is TORTURE To read!