Two weekends ago, I took the birthday boy to Estadio restaurant for brunch. Estadio opened months ago, but I had not gone because I heard that it was hard to get into so I was excited to see open tables on a Sunday morning. It was funny because all of the restaurants on U Street and Logan Circle were filled to capacity. But, I am guessing it is because not many people know that they have an awesome brunch. The food was contemporary Spanish cuisine and there were small plates (we had Jamon Croquetas with Piquillo Emulsion & Little Blood Sausage Sandwich), slushie drinks, and breakfast entree of Soft Scrambled Eggs, Goat’s Cheese, Mushrooms & Scallions for me and Fried Hen Eggs with Chorizo & Morcilla Hash for the A man. Originally, I wanted Aaron's meal of a fried egg w/ Chorizo, but since it was his bday, I figured that he could get what he wanted. Both entrees were wonderful. I also tried a slushitos that had Cranberry, Anise, Cava & Gin. It was very funny because my lovely friend, Alessandra, taught about anise exact when she made traditional Italian Easter cookies. So I have had my anise fill for month of May. As you can see, it was a yummy cute drink, but I doubt I would pay 9 dollars for a drink so small in the future.
Finally, we wrapped our awesome brunch with dessert. Lately, I have been trying to find any excuse to eat cake and sweets, so a birthday- heck, lets have dessert twice this weekend. The first was at Policy, which was good dessert and the food was good, but nothing like the Manchego Cheesecake, Quince, Almond Granola at Estadio. OMG, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Originally, Aaron did not want much of the cheesecake, but one taste and I was competing for the last piece. So GOOD! I need to go back to Estadio again... Maybe for dinner next time :)



1 comment:
i'm coming with you next time! :) ALI
Post a Comment