Thursday, May 26, 2011

transition |tranˈzi sh ən; -ˈsi sh ən|
noun
the process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another : students in transition from one program to another | a transition to multiparty democracy.
Lately, my life (personally and professionally) has been full of transition and changes.  It has been exhausting and I have found myself diving into escapism during my barely-existent free time, despite needing to focus on my personal needs and life. I just feel like I am out of it and that I need to step back and concentrate on myself. But, it is hard when you are wired to be a workaholic and find value in yourself through my work. I need to step back though, it is not healthy. Recently, I read this saying that hit home with me, "Don't take any wooden nickels," which means don't settle for less than you're worth. I think I have a pocket-full of nickels.

1 comment:

Bluewillow said...

Wait until you get to Japan. We will make sure you get some me time :)