Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Lost in the kelp forest...


Recently, I had to work on re-editing a video for my internship w/ my classmate/colleague. While she was the true editor and I was just the owner of the editing software/sound tech expert, it made me play around with imovie again. The was first time, since the last and first time that I played with making movies. That movie was the  amazingly cute video of my friend Buxtehuda. Today, I wanted to share this new imovie video from this amazingly tranquil and nice experience that I had at the Two Oceans Aquarium.
I think it was the best aquarium that  I have ever been to (granted I still not been to but, dreaming about the one in Okinawa and also still haven't been to the one in Baltimore). But, I have been to quite a few aquariums, with one of your best friends in college studying marine life - you gotta be a fan!  So, yeah - Two Oceans Aquarium is a blast and very educational. I recently wrote about it in my university's blog, so that I can win a chance of 50 dollars from Whole Foods (selfishly) and to educate others about green initiatives (But again, mostly for the gift certificate) in Cape Town. 

My favorite part of the Two Ocean's aquarium is not the Nemo exhibit (very close) or the close access to multiple kinds of PENGUINS (also close, but no cigar), but it was the Ocean Basket (Restaurant sponsor) Kelp Forest Exhibit! AHHHHH! I loved it! I could have spent hours there. I actually did spend about an hour there- half of my classmates left and went home- where a couple of my classmates and I just sat and watched the kelp dance and sway with the fishies. Apparently, there are only two other Kelp Forest exhibits in the world and it holds 800,000 liters or 1758.24 gallons of water. It was all so hypnotic and mesmerizing. I wish I could have one of these tanks in my home so I could always feel this sense of calm and tranquility. Granted, I wonder if I would need to go to the bathroom more with being surrounded by water...my bladder already is way to small... I digress. Enjoy the mini video and experience:

No comments: