Wednesday, June 20, 2012

well, that's a bummer!

All last weekend, I was writing a paper. It ended up being 14 pages with 3 pages of end notes (I like to cite, a lot, and there was graph!). It was a shame because Saturday was so beautiful! Blue skies and it didn't feel like winter in the sun. I sat outside for a hour but then forced myself back inside so that I would type faster and more, but I regret it now. Then Sunday was just cloudy, so I stayed inside like a hermit. So, I was hoping this weekend would be beautiful and so that I could go hiking and be out in the city. But weather.com has other plans. I guess I will be getting wet...

 As the South African say, "ack shame, man."  I guess I shouldn't be complaining since it is 95 degrees in DC with probably high humidity, but gets really cold here when it is rainny and it is already windy. A couple of weeks ago, my hat blew off my head. South African winds are strong!  Well, that's enough  complaining about the weather. Stay cool, d.c.! Stay warm, cape town!

Oh and happy summer solstice!

No comments: