Friday, April 24, 2009

"And I'd go back to sleep "

This is the cutest story. I love when Michelle Obama talks to kids. Kids love her. I think it is b/c she talks to them intelligently and jokingly. Hilary didn't do this as much. Probably b/c she was attempting to attack the Health care system and f***ing it up some more. I remember watching this similar program when the Clinton's lived in the White House. Back then the discussion focused on Socks, the cat (RIP Socks). But, this time it focused on Bo, not cooking, and "Life as First Lady." I am so glad that the White House is opening up again. It felt like the dark ages for the past 8 years.
"young boy stood up and asked, 'What will happen if something bad happened to our country…..like the earthquake in China. What would you do?'

'Well first of all I would wake my husband up," the first lady responded, "that's the beauty of my job. I'm married to the president and he has to worry about all of that...And I'd go back to sleep and ask him how it turned out," she joked. '
That sounds like my kind of answer. Michelle is totally my homegirl.

No comments: