sucks.
Actually, it has not been that bad- just very busy. I am just trying to keep my stress level down and breath. I also went to yoga class so I am in a good place for tomorrow, which is my marathon day. But today, I was reading Jezebel and saw the funniest article: Working For A Female Boss Can Be A Real Bitch, which is about Live Science study about work, stress and gender.
I have had two female bosses. My first boss was a nightmare. She loved to micromanage and cut a "sister" down. I definitely suffered from the "psychological distress (such a
s trouble sleeping, difficulty focusing on work, depression and anxiety) and physical symptoms." You should have seen me when I quit! Apparently, I was the first person to give notice and not leave in the night! I could not keep food down and sleep for weeks! I like my current boss. She can be a handful, but I know that she truly likes me as a person and values my work. I do still suffer from anxiety and distress because I can't read tea leaves, but I try my best and do yoga for peace of mind. I can't really say what it would be like to have a male boss because I don't really work with the male executive director, but I imagine I would not have same "psychological " and "physical symptoms." But the same problem with reading tea leaves.
No comments:
Post a Comment