Friday, October 24, 2008

Remember...

Skip it?



Today, I was talking about my favorite toy growing and it might have been Skip It (or it was the lawn mower that produced bubbles - Maybe I should have become a landscape architect...). I remember my beloved dog, Amy, chewed the plastic and disconnected the counter from the ring that you put your foot in (Amy also chewed my Samantha doll- rest in peace Samantha). Boy, did I cry! Eventually, I got another one. I wish I still had it- maybe I could use it in my apartment rather than exercising.

What about Jem? She was "truly amazing." If I wasn't going to be a bear for Halloween, I would be her! Granted my hair is not long enough, like when I was Judy Jetson. I always wished I had an alter ego, like Jem.


Oh what about Pound Puppies?!?! My sister had this cage and I remember I would steal it and pretend it was mine. Gosh, I love pound puppies!!


Look back at it now, Teddy Ruxpin was a scary looking Teddy Bear. I used to stick my fingers in his mouth and pretend that he was eating my fingers. Little did I know that I would lose the tip of my pinkie (but not to Teddy Ruxpin). Oh Teddy, beside the fun of reading, you taught me foreshadowing.


Gosh, I am so natsukashii (nostalgic) for my childhood.

No comments: